Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Research Question
Is ________________ a modern-day Animal Farm?
To answer this question, look at the country, its government, its recent history, and the life of its citizens.
Countries to consider:
- North Korea
- Islamic State (ISIS, ISIL, IS, Daesh)
Specific issues you might focus on:
- First-hand accounts of life in this country
- Law, order, crime, and punishment
- Human rights
- Politics (or lack thereof)
- Censorship and transparency
- Anything else you can think of that might help you respond to the inquiry's central question
News sites might help you find the information you need. Be sure to use their internal search engines.
These sites are also searchable and might have some useful information.
CIA World Factbook
Find information on every country in the world in this site compiled by the Central Intelligence Agency of the US government.
Books in Our Library
These books might be helpful in your research:
NoodleTools Notecards Tutorial
We now use Google SSO (single sign on). Use your ASD email address to log in to your account.